Mushroom Monday Challenge
You know, as this challenge goes on, I am discovering more and more ways to simply throw some fresh mushrooms into my meals. And the great thing is, you don’t have to use alot to get a burst of mushroom flavour. A handful (or 4-5 mushrooms) is often the perfect amount!
Here’s another quick recipe from my Mushroom Monday kitchen.
Mushrooms, Asparagus and Shrimp over Egg Noodles
Prep Time: 5 min. Cooking Time: 25 min.
I first whipped up this meal a few weeks ago, in under 30 minutes. What’s great about his recipe is that it is completely customizable and uses less than 10 ingredients. If you don’t have an ingredient simply substitute it for something you do have. You can also switch up the type of mushroom for a totally different flavour profile!
12 ounces egg noodles
2 tablespoons canola oil
340 g shrimp
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
1 (8 oz) package crimini mushrooms, sliced
20 cherry tomatoes, halved
fresh black pepper
soy sauce, to taste
1. Cook asparagus until tender in a large pot of boiling water. Remove with tongs and place in a bowl of cold water, this will stop the cooking process. Set aside.
2. Cook egg noodles in the same pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
3. Add 1 tbsp of oil to a hot large pan or wok. Add garlic and shrimp, cook until shrimp are pink. Remove shrimp from pan using tongs, set aside.
4. Add remaining oil to the pan. Add mushrooms and saute just until starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Return shrimp to the pan, and add asparagus, cherry tomotoes, black pepper and soy sauce to taste. Cook another 1-2 minutes.
5. Add mushroom mixture to noodles and toss to blend. Serve hot.
Remember, you can leave your experiences in the comments section of this post, email me, or blog about the Mushroom Monday Challenge on your own blog.
posted by Brittany