New Year’s Resolution: Get Moving! Now!
Almost half of people who make a new year’s resolution let it slide after only 1 week. That’s right, 1 week!
One of my new year’s resolutions was to get back to the gym – at least 4 days a week for no less than 1 hour. So far, so good.
Physical activity is very important in living and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I know that most of us are way too busy now a days to even squeeze in a quick walk around the office, let alone 30 minutes at the gym. But I am confident that you will re-think your approach to exercise with these 5 great reasons to get moving!
1. Confidence: After working out you feel great about yourself! You gain self assurance therefore have a higher confidence and self esteem. You feel that you can overcome anything that comes your way.
2. More Energy, Less Stress: When you exercise regularly your body is able to absorb and process oxygen more easily; this releases tension from your muscles. Think of your work out time as an occasion in which your body can release the day’s stress and clear your mind.
3. Sleep: Want to get better sleep? Studies have shown that people who exercise on a regular basis (30-40 minutes) fall asleep twice as easily as a person who does not engage in regular activity.
4. Better Health: Along with eating healthy, you should exercise for better health. When you engage in physical activity on a regular basis you are reducing your chances of serious health problems such as obesity, and diseases such as heart disease.
5. Fun! Physical activity should be enjoyable, whether working out alone or with a group of friend enjoying yourself during the process is one of the main reasons to get you moving.
Refuel after your workout with one of these meals:
Was joining a gym or getting back into shape one of your new year’s resolutions? What are you doing to make sure you stick with it?