Guest Post: Garlic Mushroom Shrimp Bites by Nutrition Meets Life
We’ve got a guest in our kitchen today, Allie of Nutrition Meets Life. Allie is back for yet another tasty mushroom recipe… all the way from Singapore!
There is no better appetizer at a summer party than mushrooms. These Garlic Mushroom Shrimp Bites will get the party going, leaving your guests with just enough satisfaction to avoid them asking, “Is dinner ready yet?”
Garlic Mushroom Shrimp Bites
(Makes about 10-15 bites):
• 1 package of white button mushrooms (200g)
• 10-15 cooked shrimp (I used frozen)
• 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
• 1/8th tsp dried oregano
• 1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
• 1 Tbsp Canola oil
• 1 tsp butter (melted)
• Pinch of garlic powder (optional)
1. Wash mushrooms thoroughly.
2. Add butter, garlic, oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Mix well.
3. Place mixture on a frying pan on medium heat. Add whole mushrooms to pan and sauté (with a cover) for about 5 minutes or until cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Add shrimp to the same pan and leave on until cooked or warmed up (about 2-3 minutes).
5. Make a mushroom shrimp sandwich! Cut a mushroom in half and put the shrimp in the middle. Use a toothpick to keep them together.
Optional: Serve with melted butter and dried oregano or a reduced balsamic vinegar sauce.
What a great idea for summer snacking! Thanks Allie for being our guest and for another tasty recipe. If you like this recipe, be sure to check out her previous post for Apple Mushroom Pad Thai! Don’t forget to follow her on her blog Nutrition Meets Life, on Twitter, Facebook and on Pinterest.