Mushrooms Go PINK 2013
It’s that time of year again, Mushrooms are going PINK in support of Breast Cancer awareness. Mushroom growers across Canada have, once again, joined with the Breast Cancer Society of Canada to support research for the prevention, early detection and treatment of breast cancer.
Watch for the PINK packages of fresh Canadian mushrooms with a PINK ribbon on the label during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, October 2013.
For every pound of fresh mushrooms sold in the pink packages from September 23 to November 8, a contribution will be made to the Breast Cancer Society of Canada.
For more information on the link between Mushrooms & Breast Cancer visit www.MushroomsGoPINK.ca.
Try these delicious Mushroom Recipes:
1. Mediterranean Mushroom-Stuffed Tomatoesby Mardi of eat. live. travel. write.
2. Mushroom Quesadillas by Kathy of Eat Halifax
3. Wild Mushroom Fettuccineby Kelly of The Gouda Life
4. Mushroom Cream Sauce with Pastaby Louisa of Living Lou
5. Browned Butter Mushroom Ravioli with Sageby Charmian of The Messy Baker
6. Arancini di Funghi (Mushroom Risotto Balls) by Jenny of The Brunette Baker
7. Baked Eggs with Mushroomsby Isabelle of Crumb: A Food Blog