Guest Post: Rosemary & Mushroom Frittata by Hey Modest Marce
We have a guest in the kitchen! We’re thrilled to welcome a new face to the blog, Marcella of Hey Modest Marce. She’s joining us this morning with a stunning frittata to make any morning worth getting out of bed for.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 sprig of fresh rosemary chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cups mushrooms, roughly chopped (I used oyster, shiitake & white button)
5 eggs, lightly beaten,
1.5 cups smoked Gruyere cheese, shredded
1/2 cup bread crumbs
salt & pepper, too taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. In a cast iron skillet on low heat add oil, butter, garlic, onions, rosemary & mushrooms. Cook until the onions begin to turn translucent & the mushrooms have softened. Season with salt & pepper. Let cool to room temperature.
3. In a mixing bowl lightly whisk eggs. Stir in shredded cheese, breadcrumbs, mushroom mixture, salt & pepper.
4. Pour back into a well greased skillet & bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs are puffed & fully cooked.
5. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. garnish with fresh rosemary!
What a gorgeous recipe! This is a meal that you can devour on your own, or show off with when entertaining friends for brunch. We’ll certainly be adding it to our weekend menu. Thanks for sharing with us today, Marcella!