Are you nearly ready for the holiday break? I know I am. I like to tackle the Christmas shopping early in my home to avoid the crowds and crazy shoppers. I’ve also been having a great time prepping for all of the get-togethers, which always revolve around food, drink and good times with friends.
I’ve already been to one cookie exchange and that was just the beginning! I’ve still got a couple of family events and a FriendsMas event to prepare for. Lucky for me, everyone knows me as The Mushroom Girl and I have the honour of sharing my favourite mushroom dish. For me, there’s nothing more delicious, and nothing simpler, than a tasty stuffed mushroom appetizer.
This year, I’m passing my secrets on to you and sharing my go-to party favourite. Enjoy!
Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes
8 oz fresh crimini mushrooms
130 g goat cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp basil pesto
1 tsp minced garlic
Panko crumbs to top
1. Remove stems from mushrooms and place them on a baking sheet with the gills facing down. Brush mushrooms with olive oil and bake at 350ºF until the begin to release their juices (approx.10 minutes).
2. Meanwhile, combine goat cheese, pesto and minced garlic in a bowl.
3. Flip mushrooms cap-side up and begin to spoon mixture into the caps, filling each one with all of that delicious goodness.
4. Continue to bake at 350ºF for an additional 5 minutes or so, or until the cheese is gooey.
5. Sprinkle with panko crumbs.
6. Wait a moment to let them cool and dig in!
Stuffed caps are such a versatile treat that allow you to cater to your family’s favourite flavours. Play around and have fun with your bite-sized treats. Watch as these disappear! They certainly won’t disappoint.
Share your favourite festive appetizer in the comments below!