Beef and Mushroom Kofta
By using half the meat and substituting in a mix of chopped mushrooms you add more nutrients and a great woodsy flavour. I highly recommend using a variety of types since each one adds a unique flavour and texture.
Recipe and photo by The Tasty Gardener.
Prep Time: 15 mins. | Cook Time: 10 mins.
Tip: If using wooden bamboo skewers make sure you soak them in water for several hours or over night.
1 lb lean ground beef
2 cups mushrooms, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp allspice
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat BBQ to medium high heat.
2. Using your hands blend together all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Take a golf ball size amount and flatten in the palm of your hand.
4. Place a BBQ skewer in the middle of the patty and carefully fold the meat around the skewer pressing to secure. Repeat with remaining meat.
5. Place on preheated grill and cook 5-10 minutes, turning frequently until meat has cooked through.
6. Remove from grill and serve.