Mushroom Cream Sauce with Pasta
Recipe courtesy of Louisa from Living Lou.
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 15 mins. | Serves: 4-6
2 tbsp olive oil
6 pieces of bacon, sliced into 1 inch pieces
1/2 an onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 tbsp butter
1 lb white button mushrooms, sliced
8 sprigs fresh thyme
2/3 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup 15% cream
1 package of fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package directions
1. In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and bacon, sauté for 3-5 minutes.
2. Add garlic, cook for another minute or until fragrant.
3. Next, add butter, mushrooms, and fresh thyme. Sauce for 3 minutes or until mushrooms begin to cook down.
4. Finally, add the white wine, cooking for 3-5 minutes, then add the cream and simmer for 2-4 minutes or until sauce has thickened up.
5. Remove sprigs of thyme and serve over pasta.