Scrambled Egg Muffins with Shiitake Mushrooms
My new favourite way to eat eggs in the morning (even during the week) is in the form of scrambled egg muffins and I couldn’t think of a better add-in than gorgeous shiitake mushrooms.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Mardi from eat. live. travel. write.
Prep Time: 5 mins. | Cook Time: 15 mins. | Makes: 8 muffins in a standard muffin tin.
1/3 cup milk
6 teaspoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
about 16 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced and sauteed in a small amount of olive oil, then drained
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly oil the muffin tin using a paper towel.
2. Lightly beat the eggs and milk. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle in most of the Parmesan, reserving a small amount to sprinkle on top of the muffins,
3. Place a teaspoon of the mushrooms in each muffin tin. Pour in the egg mixture to about 3/4 full (the mixture will puff up when it cooks).
4. Add about another teaspoon of mushrooms in each muffin tin. Top with remaining cheese.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes until top is puffy and golden.
6. Remove from muffin tins and serve immediately (I sprinkled with parsley and added a cooked mushroom to make them look pretty but you can just eat them as is!)