Mushroom Monday Challenge
Easy Summer Pizza with Mushrooms & Spinach
Prep Time: 5 min. Cooking Time: 12 min.
With a pre-made store bough pizza crust, this recipes comes together in a snap. I made this pizza in the oven, but it can be easily grilled on the barbecue for a nice summer flavour. What’s great about this easy pizza is that you can vary the veggie choices depending on what you have on hand, or you can even add meat for those meat-lovers.
1 whole wheat pizza crust (9 inches, pre-made)
1/4 cup pizza sauce
6 slices plum tomatoes
1 slice onion
2 ounces cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
8 slices white mushrooms
6 baby spinach leaves
1. Remove pre-made pizza crust from package.
2. Spread 1/4 cup of pizza sauce on crust.
3. Top with tomato slices, onion, mushrooms, cheese and spinach.
4. Bake in a 375 degree oven for approximately 6-7 minutes, or until crust is crisp and cheese is melted. Serve hot.
If you are feeling a little bit more adventurous than I was, you can take a look at these homemade pizza recipes:
– Stuffed Pizza Pockets
– Potato-Crusted Mushroom Pizza
– Pizza with mushrooms, peppers, garlic and smoked mozzarella
Remember, you can leave your experiences in the comments section of this post, email me, or blog about the Mushroom Monday Challenge on your own blog.
posted by Brittany