Mushroom Monday Challenge
Here’s another quick and easy recipe from my kitchen.
Easy Oven Roasted Vegetables
Prep Time: 5 min. Cook Time: 15-20 min.
This recipe was a quick side dish to my Tuna Casserole. I felt like I needed more veggies on my plate, so I raided my fridge for whatever I could find. The baby bella mushrooms I used added a nice meaty texture to the dish, and absorbed the flavour of the dressing nicely. Use whatever vegetables you have on hand; zucchini, carrots, and even corn would make a nice addition. This fast side dish recipe could also be used over pasta or rice for a complete meal.
1/2 large green pepper, cut into chunks
1/2 large red pepper, cut into chunks
1/4 onion, thickly sliced
5 baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 tablespoons sundried tomato & oregano salad dressing
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Cut up all veggies, and place in a glass baking dish.
3. Drizzle with sundried tomato and oregano salad dressing, or use any oil-based salad dressing you may have on hand.
4. Roast in oven for 10-15 minutes or until veggies are tender.
5. Serve hot as a side, or on top of pasta or rice for a complete meal.
posted by Brittany