Mushrooms Masters: A Tournament of Taste – Wildcard Round
Welcome to Week 4 of the Mushroom Masters: A Tournament of Taste.
Well ladies and gentleman, we made it! It is the final week of the Mushroom Masters Tournament of Taste.
Let’s starts out with a little tournament recap…
In the first week Angela from Oh She Glows took home Gold in the Portabella Playoff with her delicious vegan recipe Easy Stuffed Portabella Pizza in a Cashew Basil Cheese Sauce.
In week 2, Jeannette from Everybody Likes Sandwiches captured a 35% vote in the Button Battle with her impressive Button Mushroom Empanadas.
Week 3, things got a little heated in the Shiitake Showdown when Elizabeth from Guilty Kitchen debuted her amazing Shiitake Mushroom & Steak Flatbread on Shiitake Crust, taking home 3rd place!
So without further ado, let’s get into the final round….
Representing Canada is the final, wildcard round is noneother than Kevin from Closet Cooking. He will be batteling it out against Katherine Younge of Kath Eats (US) and Peter from Souvlaki for the Soul (AUS).
I came to realize that my meals were boring and that I had been eating the same few dishes over and over again for years and I resolved that it was time for change! Now I spend my free time searching for and trying tasty new recipes from all over the world. One of my favorite ingredients is the mushroom and I never tire of experimenting with new mushroom dishes.
Hot Cheesy Mushroom Dip
(makes 2-4 servings)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour – 1 hour 20 minutes
1 knife, 1 large pan, 1 large bowl, 1 large spoon, 1 2+ cup baking dish
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 medium onion (sliced)
• 1 pound mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
• 1 clove garlic (chopped)
• 1 teaspoon thyme (chopped)
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup white wine (or broth)
• 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup mozzarella (grated)
• 1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano (grated)
1. Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan.
2. Add the onion and cook until it starts to caramelize, about 20 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms and saute until they start to caramelize, about 20 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the wine, deglazed the pan and cook until it has evaporated.
7. Puree 1/2 of the mushrooms in a food processor.
8. Mix the mushrooms, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella and parmigiano reggiano and place in a baking dish.
9. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until bubbling and golden brown on top, about 20-40 minutes.
Oh my cheesy, mushroomy goodness this looks delicious!
Head on over to Tastepotting to vote for Kevins’s Wildcard Hot Cheesy Mushroom Dip Recipe now!
TIP: You can follow the contest by subscribing to Mushrooms Canada’s Blog Feed. Just click here to sign up! You don’t want to miss this contest!