Blend your way into FBC2016: Spicy Sliders with Summer Salsa by Tasty Delights
FBC Members have the chance to win their way into the SOLD OUT conference, simply by submitting their favourite appetizer, making use of The Blend method. Blending is easy: simply blend finely chopped mushrooms into the ground meat of your choice to add depth of flavour, added texture, and beneficial nutrients to the dish.
As a returning competitor, Marisa of Tasty Delights is back to share her Spicy Sliders with Summer Salsa.
Spicy Sliders with Summer Salsa
Recipe by: Marisa of Tasty Delights
1 peeled, pitted, diced avocado
1/4 cup pitted, diced, cherries
1 cup diced watermelon
1 green onion, diced
1/2 birds eye pepper, minced
1/2 lime, zested and juiced
1/4 tsp salt or to taste
1/4 cup of chopped mint & basil
1 tbsp honey
1. Mix all of the ingredients together and allow to sit for 1/2hr or can be covered and refrigerated up to 2 days.
20-30 pita puffs or more depending on the slider size you make.
2lb ground beef
1 cup finely diced white or cremini mushrooms
2 lg eggs
1/2 cup crushed cracker crumbs (I used tortilla nacho cheese chips)
1/4 cup chopped basil
1/2 envelope of onion soup mix
1 shredded zucchini
1 small onion, diced
1/2 birds eye pepper
1. In a large bowl mix all ingredients. Can be made up to 2 days ahead and refrigerated.
2. Spoon 1tbsp mixture onto your hands and roll into a small ball, flatten with your hands.
3. Check to see that it will fill the pita pocket; keep in mind they shrink slightly when cooked.
4. Place all prepared sliders on a baking sheet.
5. Grill on med. high on BBQ or grill pan 5 min on each side or until juices run clear.
1. Slice the pitas almost through or cut a hole into the top.
2. Stuff a small amount of Salsa into a puff and place 1 slider into each puff.
3. Enjoy with love!
FBC Members are encouraged to join the competition with their own blended recipe! Click through for full contest details.