We have a guest in the kitchen! We welcome The Girl on Bloor back into our kitchen and we couldn’t be more excited. Just in time for the holidays, Taylor is sharing a drool-worthy party app that will disappear fast! It may call for a double batch…
Hey everyone! Taylor here from The Girl on Bloor blog – I’m a full-time blogger that has lived on and off Bloor Street in downtown Toronto for the past six years. I just graduated with a Master’s degree in Journalism from Ryerson University, and have been developing recipes, taking photos and doing social media marketing for my own blog and other clients for the past year. It’s been an incredible journey so far, and I’m so excited to see what fun projects I’ll get to work on next!
It’s no secret that I’m a GIANT fan of mushrooms. I sneak some into just about every recipe I can, and they are a staple to have on hand in the fridge. I enjoy them year-round in a variety of recipes – anytime I have an excuse to whip up a delicious pasta, pizza, omelet or stir fry with mushrooms is a good day in my books. This mushroom meatballs recipe is a twist on one of my family’s favourite appetizers, and just one of the newest experiments I’ve undergone with my favourite veggie. I hope you love them as much as I do!
Cheese-Stuffed Sweet & Spicy BBQ Mushroom Meatballs
These Cheese-Stuffed Sweet & Spicy BBQ Mushroom Meatballs make the most delicious appetizer for your next potluck or party – just make sure to have plenty of these on hand because you’ll run out quick!
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves: 20 meatballs
1 lb ground beef
1 package button mushrooms, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 small yellow onion, grated
¼ cup parmesan cheese
¼ cup breadcrumbs
2 tsp ketchup
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
10 mini buffalo mozzarella or bocconcini balls, sliced in half
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp hot sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 cup sweet and spicy BBQ sauce
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for cheese, olive oil, hot sauce, honey and BBQ sauce.
2. Take about 1-2 tbsp of meatball mixture and form it around each cheese ball half.
3. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan on med-high heat, then add meatballs. Fry for 10-12 minutes until meatballs are fully cooked and browned on the outside.
4. Meanwhile, mix hot sauce, honey and BBQ sauce together.
5. Remove meatballs from heat, then transfer to a large bowl. Toss in BBQ sauce mixture until fully coated.
6. Serve immediately on a platter with toothpicks inserted. Meatballs can also be prepared ahead of time and reheated in a 375F oven for 15 min.
As always, thanks to Taylor for sharing her mushroom-love and sending such tasty recipes our way! These mouthwatering mushroom meatballs are going to be a hit at holiday get-togethers.