Guest Post: Mushroom Risotto by Hey Modest Marce
We have a guest in the kitchen! We’re happy to welcome back Marcella of Hey Modest Marce and she’s back with another tasty dish. She brings vibrant flavours to a stunning, crowd-pleasing tart.
Marcella here, the creator behind the lifestyle blog Hey Modest Marce. While I work full time as a freelance photographer, the blog is where I share all my latest creations in the kitchen & design projects around the house. We recently left Toronto to move to the country in the town of Fonthill, located in the region of Niagara. While most of our spare time is spent in the kitchen, I love hiking the trails with my dog Buddy Holly. We are fortunate enough to live right next to a beautiful forest full of trails!
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes
6 cups beef stock
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 garlic clove finely chopped
2 cups cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
1½ cup Arborio rice
3/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
sea salt & pepper, to taste
1. Heat beef stock in a large pot over low heat.
2. In a separate skillet over medium-low heat add the butter, oil, onion, garlic & mushrooms. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Cook until the onions are softened & the mushrooms are cooked.
4. Add the rice & cook until the rice begins to turn translucent. Pour in the wine.
5. Turn skillet down to low heat & add a ladle full of chicken stock. Once the stock is absorbed add another ladle full stirring in between each addition. Continue adding the stock until the rice is fully cooked throughout (about 6 cups of stock).
6. Finish off by stirring in the parmesan cheese & a touch of cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
Be sure to follow along with Marcella online at Hey Modest Marce, as well as Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram!