Appetizer Spotlight FBC2017: Canadian Mushroom Bites by Homemade & Yummy
This tasty train is slowing down anytime soon! We’re back today with another Canadian-inspired appetizer. Bloggers are sharing their favourite appetizers, this time with a Canadian twist, for a chance to win their way in to FBC2017! FBC members are invited to join the contest, but get your entries before the August 7th deadline. For those of you who are just here for delicious eats, watch the competition unfold, as we share each entry and help us decide!
Today, we welcome back Gloria from Homemade & Yummy to the competition. This year, she’s packing classic Canadian flavours into tasty little bites!
Canadian Inspired Mushroom Bites Celebrating #Canada150
1 box of Kraft Dinner (I used Sharp Cheddar flavour)
30 medium sized white mushrooms
1/2 cup Ketchup flavoured potato chips (crushed)
1. Clean mushrooms and remove stems. (This gives you more room to stuff)
2. Put onto serving tray (stem side up) ready to stuff. You can also cook the mushrooms in the microwave for a few seconds. This lessens the earthy taste, and softens the texture slightly.
3. Crush chips and set aside.
4. Cook Kraft Dinner noodles until just tender.
5. Drain, and mix in cheese powder packet. (NOTE: do not add milk or butter)
6. Mix well, and allow to cool for a few minutes.
7. Mix crushed chips into the pasta.
8. Stuff each mushroom with the pasta/chip mixture.
Notes: These are best served at room temperature. Leftovers should be stored in the fridge. You can slightly heat them in the microwave when you take them out of the fridge. This takes the chill off the pasta.
FBC Members are encouraged to join the competition with their own recipe! Click through for full contest details.