Appetizer Spotlight FBC2017: Mushroom Jalapeno Poppers by Food Mamma
Our appetizer contest is now closed, but that doesn’t mean we’re done sharing! We’ve got a few more for you, which is certainly not making our job any easier!
Bloggers are sharing their favourite appetizers, this time with a Canadian twist, for a chance to win their way in to FBC2017! FBC members were invited to join the contest, earning them entry and accommodations at the conference, as well as a spotlight feature at the Mushrooms Canada table during the opening night reception. For those of you who are just here for delicious eats, watch the competition unfold, as we share each entry and help us decide!
We’re excited to have Fareen of Food Mamma joining the competition! She’s bringing a pub classic home, with crowd-pleasing spicy bites.Mushroom Jalapeno Poppers
These Mushroom Jalapeno Poppers are a fun appetizer that highlights mushrooms. They are meaty, luscious and bold making them the perfect bite!
2 cups mushrooms (portobello, shittake, white button)
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 package cream cheese
8 jalapenos, split lengthwise
2 strips beef bacon (optional)
1. Chop all the mushroom. For the Portobello mushrooms, remove the gills before chopping.
2. In a small pan, add some oil and cook the mushrooms with the garlic.
3. Once softened, add the cream cheese and mix until well combined.
4. Microwave the split jalapenos for 30 seconds until softened.
5. Fill the peppers with the mushroom mixture.
6. Grill until the peppers are blistered.
7. Top with beef bacon if you desire.
FBC Members were encouraged to join the competition with their own recipe! The contest is now closed.