Guest Post: Mushroom Pappardelle with Gorgonzola Cream and Walnuts
We have a guest in the kitchen!! Kathy Jollimore formerly of eatHalifax, is busy food styling and creating recipes as co-founder of Wild Card Creative and today she has shared an incredible recipe with us for Mushroom Pappardelle with Gorgonzola Cream and Walnuts!
Even those weary of blue cheese, will savour this creamy Gorgonzola pasta loaded with golden locally grown mushrooms, crisp sage, and toasted walnuts. Not for the faint of heart, this decadent dish is easy enough for a quick weekday dinner yet impressive enough for entertaining. Serve with a salad of bitter greens and lemon to cut the richness of the sauce.
Mushroom Pappardelle with Gorgonzola Cream and Walnuts
- ½ lb./250 g. pappardelle
- 2 tbsp butter
- 24 sage leaves
- 1 lb./450 g mixed mushrooms (cinnamon cap, shitake, king oyster)
- 2 tbsp white wine (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz./113 g. Gorgonzola Dolce, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Fry half the sage leaves until crisp, about 1-2 minutes. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate.Repeat with remaining sage.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet. Cook until golden brown. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the wine, scraping the bottom of the pan to release any browned bits.
- Cook until reduced by half. Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened.
- Whisk in the cheese, adding more to taste if desired.
- Add the pasta and mushrooms, tossing to coat the noodles. Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with sage leaves.
Serves 4. Prep Time: 10 min. Cook Time: 20 min.
This delicious recipe will be a big hit with anyone who tries it and will please anyone’s taste buds who takes one bite! A big thank you goes out to Kathy for sharing this appetizing treat!