Guest Post: Mushroom Beetroot Tacos
We have a special guest in our kitchen today!! Cooking up a storm is Suganya from Relish The Bite and does she have one tasty recipe for you to try! This meal is full of flavours and your taste buds won’t be able to get enough of!
Mushrooms and beetroot marinated and roasted in the oven and then placed in a tortilla with goat cheese. This combination makes the dish juicy and crunchy. This dish is very healthy and also palatable. They look beautiful when you plate them.
Mushroom Beetroot Tacos
For the Mushroom Beetroot mixture
- White Button Mushrooms – 200gm, washed and chopped as cubes
- Beetroots – 100gm washed and chopped as cubes
- Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- onion powder – 1 tsp
- salt – 1 tbsp
- fresh lime juice – 1 tbsp
- olive oil – 1 tbsp
For the tacos
- Tortillas – 3
- Goat cheese – 3 tbsp
- Cilantro – ¼ cup chopped
- Red onions – ½ cup chopped
- fresh lime juice – ¼ cup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take a bowl and mix together mushroom, beetroots, red chilli powder, garlic powder, pepper powder, cumin powder, salt, lime juice and olive oil.
- Take a baking pan. Place seasoned mushroom and beetroot mixture. Roast for 30-40minutes, stirring occasionally which will make all sides of the beetroots to crispy state. You can stop it when you see that the mushroom and beetroots are slightly crispy and beetroot is tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Take a tortilla, apply goat cheese evenly and place roasted mushroom and beetroot mixture on top. Top with red onions and cilantro Drizzle some lime juice over the tacos and enjoy!!!
1. You can add jalapeños and red cabbage instead of red onions. They give great color and flavor.
2. You can replace goat cheese with your favorite cheese.