Guest Post: Tater Tot Shepherd’s Pie
We have a guest in our kitchen today! Jenny from The Brunette Baker is here and she has cooked up something mighty good! This dish is sure to be your new favourite meal, you’ll be making it all week long!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 punnet button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 284mL Campbell’s Basil and Oregano Tomato Soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- Salt, pepper, and dried parsley, to taste
- In a skillet, brown ground beef, mushrooms, and onions.
- Remove from heat and drain the excess fat from the skillet.
- Add in mixed vegetables and canned soup and stir to incorporate.
- Pour beef mixture into an ungreased 2.5-quart baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheese and arrange tater tots over cheese.
- Season with salt, pepper, and dried parsley.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until warmed through. Serve immediately.
This is one of those recipes that you will be making over and over again!
Be sure to follow along with Jenny over at The Brunette Baker and on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!
This project was funded in part through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (the Partnership), a federal-provincial-territorial initiative. The Agricultural Adaptation Council assists in the delivery of the Partnership in Ontario.