Guest Post: Oyster Mushroom Chicken Red Curry Noodle
We have a couple of guests in our kitchen today, and they are making something extremely delicious! Loreto and Nicoletta from SugarLovesSpices are creating one awesome dish you will wan to eat over and over again!
Prep time: 15 minutes Total Time: 50 minutes (2 hours for marinating or overnight)
Cooking Time: 40 minutes Serving Size: Serves 4
Chicken and marinade:
- 400 g ground organic free-range chicken
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- Dash of Himalayan sea salt and white pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon grass
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 3 cups of washed and chopped oyster mushrooms
- 2 large potatoes cubed
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ½ large yellow onion sliced
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- Himalayan salt, Chinese five spice and white pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon grass
- 1 bay leaf and lime leaf
- 600 g udon noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup vegetable stock
- Dash of Chinese five spice
- Himalayan sea salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 green onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts
- In a large bowl drizzle in sesame oil
- Toss in ground chicken, season with salt and pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, five spice
- Add in green onion, soy sauce, lemon grass, basil and marjoram. And blend mixture with hands till ingredients are well incorporated. Cover and place in fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
Chicken and red curry sauce:
- In a large sauté pan drizzle in peanut and sesame oil, bring to a medium heat and toss in chicken mixture. Sauté for 10 minutes breaking up the chicken.
- Add in potatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onions, and season with salt, pepper, Chinese five spice, stir and cook for another 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring to make sure it is not sticking to pan and burning.
- Throw in basil, lemon grass, bay leaf, lime leaf and stir.
- Place in red curry and mix till curry has coated the ingredient then pour in vegetable stock and coconut milk.
- Lower heat to a simmer and let cook for about 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and place udon noodles in. Bring to a bowl and cook for about 10 minutes.
- In a sauté pan, heat up peanut oil and sesame oil, drain udon and toss into pan. Let cook for about 5 minutes, add vegetable stock, soy sauce, and toss in pan to get surface of noodles nice and seared. Take off heat.
Plating and garnish:
- Get a nice oval serving dish Asian style if you have. Surround outer border with the shredded lettuce, add noodles in the middle and top with red curry mushroom chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onion and basil, Finish with a sprinkle of chopped Macadamia nuts. Ready to serve!