Guest Post: Mushroom Chicken Rolls Wrapped with Prosciutto Cotto
A lovely chicken breast stuffed with a king oyster, Crimini mushroom stuffing all wrapped in Prosciutto Cotto and baked beautifully to a golden brown moist tender rich goodness!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Serving size: Serves 4-6
- 600 g piece of chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 3 king oyster mushrooms cleaned and chopped
- 10 Crimini mushrooms cleaned and chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 Tbsp evo oil
- 1 tsp onion and garlic powder
- Pinch of chili flakes and rosemary
- 1/2 tsp each of dried marjoram, Thyme, oregano
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup stale bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of fine Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp white truffle oil
- 113 g plain good quality goat cheese
- 4 slices speck
- 8 slices of Italian Prosciutto Cotto
- 1 tbsp evo oil
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/4 onion chopped
- Drizzle of olive oil over top
- 6 lemon slices placed on top
- Cut chicken in half lengthwise cover with plastic wrap on both sides and pound with a meat cleaver until somewhat flat. Do the same for the other fillet of chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper lightly set aside in the fridge.
- In a cast iron pan drizzle in olive oil. Sprinkle in chili flakes and toss in garlic and shallot.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Throw in chopped mushrooms and season with salt, pepper onion and garlic powder. Add in marjoram, thyme, oregano, rosemary. Stir well and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in white wine and cook for an additional 3-4 minute until the wine is dissipated.
- Take off heat and stir in stale breadcrumbs and Italian fine breadcrumbs until well incorporated and set aside. If it is a bit dry add some veg stock.
- Take the two fillet of chicken and lay on a wood board.
- Place 2 slices of spec on each one, then divide the goat cheese in half and spread all over speck.
- Soon stuffing on top of goat cheese, then start rolling the chicken to form a round roll.
- Wrap mushroom chicken roll in four Prosciutto Cotto slices. Do the same for the other fillet of chicken
- Pre-heat oven to 380 degrees F.
- In a medium roasting dish, place carrots onto the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the onion on top.
- Place wrapper mushroom chicken rolls perpendicular to the carrots. Cover with foil wrap and place eon middle rack of oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes the uncover and cook for another 25 minutes or until a thermometer placed into the center of the roll reals 165-degree F. Make sure to check different areas of the roll.
- Take out of oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- While the mushroom chicken roll is resting toss a mixed green salad with salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. Place around the perimeter of a large wood board.
- Take Roll and slice into 1 inch thick rolls and place into center of board with salad.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of rounds and salad.
- Place lemon slices sporadically onto salad.
- Ready to serve.
- You can use any cheese you want smoked Gouda or provolone would be great too.
- Make sure the slices of speck are thin but not too thin that it falls apart.
To check out more recipes from Loreto and Nicoletta,you can follow them on their cooking adventures on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and their blog SugarLovesSpices.