Guest Post: Mushroom Chicken Rolls Wrapped with Prosciutto Cotto
A lovely chicken breast stuffed with a king oyster, Crimini mushroom stuffing all wrapped in Prosciutto Cotto and baked beautifully to a golden brown moist tender rich goodness!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Serving size: Serves 4-6
- 600 g piece of chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 3 king oyster mushrooms cleaned and chopped
- 10 Crimini mushrooms cleaned and chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 Tbsp evo oil
- 1 tsp onion and garlic powder
- Pinch of chili flakes and rosemary
- 1/2 tsp each of dried marjoram, Thyme, oregano
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup stale bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of fine Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp white truffle oil
- 113 g plain good quality goat cheese
- 4 slices speck
- 8 slices of Italian Prosciutto Cotto
- 1 tbsp evo oil
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/4 onion chopped
- Drizzle of olive oil over top
- 6 lemon slices placed on top
- Cut chicken in half lengthwise cover with plastic wrap on both sides and pound with a meat cleaver until somewhat flat. Do the same for the other fillet of chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper lightly set aside in the fridge.
- In a cast iron pan drizzle in olive oil. Sprinkle in chili flakes and toss in garlic and shallot.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Throw in chopped mushrooms and season with salt, pepper onion and garlic powder. Add in marjoram, thyme, oregano, rosemary. Stir well and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in white wine and cook for an additional 3-4 minute until the wine is dissipated.
- Take off heat and stir in stale breadcrumbs and Italian fine breadcrumbs until well incorporated and set aside. If it is a bit dry add some veg stock.
- Take the two fillet of chicken and lay on a wood board.
- Place 2 slices of spec on each one, then divide the goat cheese in half and spread all over speck.
- Soon stuffing on top of goat cheese, then start rolling the chicken to form a round roll.
- Wrap mushroom chicken roll in four Prosciutto Cotto slices. Do the same for the other fillet of chicken
- Pre-heat oven to 380 degrees F.
- In a medium roasting dish, place carrots onto the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the onion on top.
- Place wrapper mushroom chicken rolls perpendicular to the carrots. Cover with foil wrap and place eon middle rack of oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes the uncover and cook for another 25 minutes or until a thermometer placed into the center of the roll reals 165-degree F. Make sure to check different areas of the roll.
- Take out of oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- While the mushroom chicken roll is resting toss a mixed green salad with salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. Place around the perimeter of a large wood board.
- Take Roll and slice into 1 inch thick rolls and place into center of board with salad.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of rounds and salad.
- Place lemon slices sporadically onto salad.
- Ready to serve.
- You can use any cheese you want smoked Gouda or provolone would be great too.
- Make sure the slices of speck are thin but not too thin that it falls apart.