Guest Post: Quick Creamy Mushroom Rosé Sauce Pasta
We have a guest in the kitchen! Suganya of Relish The Bite is sharing her delicious recipe for tasty creamy mushroom pasta.
A lovely quick Italian rosé sauce with mushrooms recipe for any night of the week.
- Pasta – Penne variety (you can use any variety) – 650g
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli flakes – 2 tsp
- Garlic – 3 cloves, minced
- White button mushrooms – 400g
- Store bought tomato sauce – 450 ml
- Sour cream – 3/4 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sugar – a pinch
- Parmigiano Reggiano/ Parmesan – 5 tbsp, grated.
- Fresh basil – 1 tbsp, chopped, for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Boil water and add the pasta with the salt needed for pasta. Then remove and run the pasta through cold water. And toss with a little oil to prevent sticking.
- Take a pan with olive oil in medium heat. Add chilli flakes, garlic, and mushrooms with salt until it is roasted brown. Take a big pan, as you do not want to crowd them in the pan.
- Now add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper, sugar for the sauce. Let it get cooked in medium to low flame for 25 minutes until it thickens, stir it occasionally.
- Add the sour cream and mix well. Let it cook for 5 minutes. When you think it has a nice thick creamy texture, add the pasta to it. Check for salt at this stage. Add salt if you need more.
- Top it with fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano, chopped basil and some crushed pepper just before serving.
- You can use fresh tomatoes too instead of canned tomato sauce.
- You can use any kind of pasta you fancy.