Guest Post: Mushroom Butter Pepper Masala
Recipe and photo by Relish the Bite!
Mushrooms are cooked with spices and butter until the pieces are juicy, flavourful & roasted outside. It is simple, spicy, and succulent. This is such an easy dish, yet so delicious and flavourful.
- Unsalted Butter – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped, (1 cup)
- Green chili – 2 small, finely chopped
- Ginger – 2 inch, finely chopped
- Garlic – 6, finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 small, finely chopped
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper grounded – 2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1.5 tsp (adjust according to taste)
- Crimini mushrooms – 350 gms, chopped to cubes
- Lemon wedges and coriander leaves to garnish
- In a pan, heat oil, butter, and when heated add onion, ginger, garlic, chilies, and ½ of the salt and sauté until golden brown.
- Now add tomato and fry until it is mushy. Add the turmeric, black pepper grounded, red chili powder, garam masala and sauté for 5 minutes in medium to low flame until it oozes out oil. Check for salt and add more if needed.
- Add clean mushrooms and stir well until the mushrooms are well blended with the spices.
- Add ½ cup of water and mix well. Cover for 5 minutes.
- The mushrooms will have cooked by now, mix well. See if the consistency is good for you or keep uncovered for 10 minutes and it will get roasted at the ends. (Check spice level as you add it, your spice level may differ).
- Add chopped coriander leaves, switch it off and squeeze some lemon.
Serve & Enjoy!
Follow along with Suganya online at Relish the Bite and on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!