Guest Post: Mushroom & Herb Bread Stuffing
My name is Alisa Infanti and I am the recipe developer and food photographer for The Delicious Spoon. I live in Hamilton, Ontario and am a wife and mom of two so I understand how important it is to be able make a meal for my family that is as easy to make as it is delicious!
- 12 cups dried bread pieces 1″ in size
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 cup celery ribs chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 lb cremini or white mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley minced
- 2 tsp fresh rubbed sage
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary minced
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onions, garlic and celery and cook until tender.
- Pour in chicken stock. Add parsley, sage, rosemary, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add dried bread cubes to a large bowl. Pour mushroom and herb mixture over the breadcrumbs and mix to moisten the breadcrumbs. They should be moist but not overly mushy. Add 1/2 – 1 cup of warm water if additional moisture is needed and mix.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish. Add the uncooked stuffing to the baking dish. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the stuffing is slightly browned on top. Remove from oven and serve.