Guest Post: Mushroom & Herb Bread Stuffing
My name is Alisa Infanti and I am the recipe developer and food photographer for The Delicious Spoon. I live in Hamilton, Ontario and am a wife and mom of two so I understand how important it is to be able make a meal for my family that is as easy to make as it is delicious!
- 12 cups dried bread pieces 1″ in size
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 cup celery ribs chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 lb cremini or white mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley minced
- 2 tsp fresh rubbed sage
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary minced
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onions, garlic and celery and cook until tender.
- Pour in chicken stock. Add parsley, sage, rosemary, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add dried bread cubes to a large bowl. Pour mushroom and herb mixture over the breadcrumbs and mix to moisten the breadcrumbs. They should be moist but not overly mushy. Add 1/2 – 1 cup of warm water if additional moisture is needed and mix.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish. Add the uncooked stuffing to the baking dish. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the stuffing is slightly browned on top. Remove from oven and serve.
If you like this recipe, you can check out more delicious dishes made by Alisa. Follow her cooking journey at The Delicious Spoon and on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.