Guest Post: Sheet Pan Mushroom and Black Bean Quesadillas
Recipe by Louisa of Living Lou
I’ve been all about quick, vegetarian weeknight dinners these days and this quesadilla recipe fits the bill. It uses just a handful of ingredients blitzed together in a food processor, cremini mushrooms, black beans, salsa, and a few spices. I’ve started to make these quesadillas in the oven, but you could easily fry them up on the stove top. I like the oven method because it allows me to roast some veggies at the same time and is easier for timing dinner and having everything be hot at the same time!I’ve started to make these quesadillas in the oven, but you could easily fry them up on the stove top. I like the oven method because it allows me to roast some veggies at the same time and is easier for timing dinner and having everything be hot at the same time!
I hope you enjoy this weeknight dinner; it will save you come the busy fall season!
Sheet Pan Mushroom and Black Bean Quesadillas
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 17 minutes
- 3 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 227g package cremini mushrooms
- 1 19oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup salsa
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F and grease a baking sheet with 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- In a food processor, pulse cremini mushrooms with black beans, salsa, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano and salt until mixture resembles a chunky paste — you want to leave some chunks of mushrooms and black beans.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp of canola oil. Cook mixture, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms have cooked and the excess liquid has evaporated, about 5-7 minutes.
- Next assemble quesadillas. Divide mixture between 4 large tortillas, about a heaping ½ cup each and sprinkle with about ⅓ cup of grated cheese. Fold over the quesadilla, pressing down to adhere the tortilla to the cheese and place on the baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the tops of the quesadillas are browned and cheese is melted.