Guest Post: Mushroom and Potato Lasagna Stack for Two
It’s the festive season and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than planning a date night with your beloved partner. Date night dinner with a lovely Mushroom and Potato Lasagna Stack for Two. The comfort of a layered lasagna with a twist of crispy and soft potatoes stacked with luxurious melted Parmigiano and Gruyère. The star of the show, plump, juicy, earthy-sweet, succulent mushrooms with backdrops of white wine, thyme, and rosemary. Talk about a showstopper and taste extravaganza. Absolutely delicious!
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Mushroom and Potato Lasagna Stack for Two
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 2 medium-sized red skin potatoes
- 10 cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 tablespoons evo oil
- a pinch of red chili flakes
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- some fresh thyme and dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- some fine Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Gruyère
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano
- Peel and wash the potatoes and cut them into 1/8-inch-thick rounds. Place in a pot of water and boil for 13-15 minutes or until almost fork tender. Rinse with cold water, drain, and set aside.
- Clean the mushrooms and slice them into 1/8-inch slices.
- In a sauté pan, drizzle evo oil, add red chili flakes, garlic whole, and sliced onions. Bring to medium heat and sauté until onion becomes translucent, 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sliced mushrooms and half a tablespoon of butter. Toss, let sauté for a couple of minutes then pour in white wine, thyme, and rosemary. Sauté for about 10 minutes making sure wine has dissipated. Sprinkle with some fresh chopped parsley. Take off heat and set aside.
- Butter two 3.5-inch-round x 2.5-inch-high ramekins. Sprinkle some breadcrumbs at the bottom.
- Place down a potato round, topped with a sprinkling of Parmigiano and grated Gruyère. Add sautéed mushrooms and onions, sprinkle a little more Gruyère on top and continue like this until you get 4 layers. To finish the top (4th layer) sprinkle with Parmigiano and Gruyère, sautéed mushroom/onion mixture, and a sprig of thyme.
- Place in a preheated 375°F oven, on the middle rack, and bake for 40 minutes or until golden, cheese melted, and a knife pierces the potato stack easily.
- Take out of the oven and let sit for 10 minutes. Use a butter knife to release the edges from the ramekins, and then use a fork to get under the stack taking it out and placing it onto a serving dish.
Serve & enjoy!