Guest Post: Masala Eggs with Spiced Mushrooms and Spinach
Recipe by Suganya of Relish The Bite.
These Masala Eggs with Spiced Mushrooms and Spinach can be served for brunch or dinner with toast or roti’s or naan for an Indian style meal. This is a staple at my home for brunch. It helps to have a variety of healthy ingredients in one meal. Any variety of mushrooms works great for this recipe.
- Oil – 1.5 tbsp
- Onion – small , 1, thinly sliced
- Garlic – 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Green chilli – 1, finely chopped
- White mushrooms – 1 cup , chopped
- Spinach – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
- Eggs – 2
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Sesame seeds – 1/4 tsp to garnish
- Coriander leaves – 1/4tsp to garnish
- In a large skillet, on a medium heat, add butter, onions , garlic , green chilli and cook for a couple of minutes until softened. Add mushrooms, spinach and cook for one minute.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder and salt. Sauté for a minute.
- Create two small indentations in the mixture for two eggs spacing them apart evenly. Crack the egg and add to each gap.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes with a pinch of salt on top.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and coriander leaves.