Guest Post: Mushroom & Bacon Quiche
Recipe by Symone & Chantel – Double Dose of Vitamin C
A spring inspired mushroom and bacon quiche. A slice or two paired with a fresh green salad makes for the perfect Easter brunch!
Mushroom & Bacon Quiche
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1hr 10 mins
Serves: 1 pie (8 slices)
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- ½ pack (or 6 slices) bacon, fried and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup marble cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 1 pastry pie crust
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and bake pie crust for 10 minutes, set aside for later.
- To a frying pan, add bacon and fry until desired doneness, making sure not to overcook. Once done, remove from pan and set aside to allow bacon to cool.
- Over medium heat, add oil, mushrooms, onions, salt and bacon to a saucepan. Sauté and stir occasionally to allow flavours to combine, about 20 minutes. Once done, set mushroom mixture aside for later.
- To a bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, salt and garlic powder.
- Prior to assembling, add cheese to mushroom mixture and mix to combine. To the pre-baked pie shell, add mushroom mixture and evenly spread to cover the bottom of the shell.
- Next, pour eggs over top and bake for 25 minutes or until quiche is cooked through.
- To make this a balanced brunch, serve with your favourite side salad and enjoy!
To check out more recipes from Symone & Chantel, you can follow them on their cooking adventures on Instagram.