Asian Sensation Soup
The intoxicating aroma of garlic, ginger and green onion cooking will make you wish you could conjure up this soup with the snap your fingers.
Recipe by Zannat of Food for Happiness.
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 15 mins. | Serves: 6-8
1 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
1/3 cup chopped green onions
2 large portabella mushrooms, sliced into 1” chunks
1 cup sliced carrots
1 red pepper, chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
2, 900mL cartons of no-salt added chicken broth
1 pkg (454 g) medium-firm tofu, cut into 1” cubes
2 stalks bok choy, sliced
1, 454 gram pkg frozen medium raw shrimp, thawed. peeled and deveined (1, 270 gram pkg shrimp dumplings)
1. In a large pot, heat canola oil over medium heat.
2. Cook, garlic, ginger, green onions, mushrooms and carrots for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add red pepper, soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add broth and bring to a boil.
5. Add tofu, shrimp and bok choy. Cook for 5 minutes until shrimp are pink (or dumplings are cooked through).