Baked Eggs with Mushrooms
Recipe by Isabelle of Crumb: A Food Blog.
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 10 mins. | Serves: 4
1 1/2 lbs mixed mushrooms, thinly sliced (ie. crimini, shiitake, oyster, etc)
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp dry sherry or white wine
1/2 tsp dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Finely chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly butter four large oven-safe ramekins, and arrange on a baking sheet.
2. In a large saute pan set over medium-high heat, sauté the mushrooms in butter until soft and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the sherry and thyme, and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes or until most of the sherry has evaporated. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Spoon the sauteed mushrooms into the prepared ramekins, dividing evenly, then gently crack an egg into each one. Top with 1 tbsp cream and 1 tbsp grated Parmesan.
5. Bake in preheated oven until the egg whites are set and the yolks are done to your liking, about 10-15 minutes. Serve immediately with a sprinkling of chopped parsley and thick slices of toast for dunking.