Balsamic Roasted Caprese Mushrooms
Recipe courtesy of The Tasty Gardner.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
3 pints small button mushrooms (approximately 25-35 mushrooms)
2 cups balsamic vinegar
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 1/2 cups mini bocconcini cheese, halved
Bunch of basil, torn into 25-35 1″ pieces (or smaller leaves separated)
salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms. If the cavity doesn’t look big enough to fit half and tomato and cheese use a spoon to hollow it out a little bit.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. While oven is preheating toss mushrooms in a bowl and toss with balsamic vinegar. Prepare a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Once oven is heated place mushrooms cap up on baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Reserve the vinegar.
- While the mushrooms are roasting in a small saucepan bring the balsamic vinegar up to a low simmer. Stirring occasionally, simmer until it becomes thick and reduced.
- Remove mushrooms from oven and place on serving platter. Press a piece of basil into each cavity. Add half a tomato and half a cheese.
- Drizzle with reduced balsamic and season with salt and pepper.