Blended Meatballs with Spicy Sriracha Aioli
Mushrooms are blended with ground beef and seasoned to create the perfect appetizer-style meatball. Serve with Spicy Sriracha Aioli for an added kick.
Recipe by Brittany of My Daily Randomness.
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 25 mins.
Makes approximately 20 meatballs.
½ lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 small onion, finely diced
1 clove minced garlic
½ cup breadcrumbs
Spicy Sriracha Aioli:
4 egg yolks
4 large cloves garlic peeled and pureed
1-2 tbsp Sriracha sauce (depending on desired spice level)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking tray with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
3. In a skillet over medium heat cook chopped mushrooms until brown and most moisture has been released, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside to let cool.
4. In a large bowl combine cooled mushrooms, beef, seasoning, onion, garlic breadcrumbs and egg; mix all ingredients until incorporated. Shape mixture into 1½ inch meatballs. Place 1 inch apart on pan.
5. Bake 35-40 minutes or until meatballs reach 160°F, are cooked through and center is no longer pink.
Spicy Sriracha Aioli
1. In a food processor add egg yolks, pureed garlic, and Sriracha sauce. Place the top on the bowl and turn on the machine and slowly drizzle in the oils. Once the oil is added stop the machine and check for consistence, if to thick you can whisk in a little water too thin as needed. Add the salt to taste.