Buffalo and Blue Cheese Stuffed Button Mushrooms
Recipe courtesy of Maggie of Pithy & Cleaver.
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 20 mins.
20 button mushrooms
3/4 cup chopped shallots
2 tbsp butter
1/2 lb great hill blue cheese or other mild blue cheese, crumbled
franks redhot sauce
½ cup + ¼ cup panko, divided
*Additional Franks Redhot Sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and place a rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Cut ends from stems and chop finely. Chop two of the mushrooms finely as well. Dice shallots.
- Melt butter in a heavy 4 qt pan and add shallots. Sauté over medium-low heat until transparent and then add chopped mushrooms and stems. Saute until softened and remove pan from heat. Stir in blue cheese, Frank’s sauce, and 1/2 cup panko, stir until smooth.
- Grease a cookie sheet with olive oil. Brush mushroom caps with oil and spread out on cookie sheet. Fill each mushroom cap with a spoonful of the cheese stuffing, letting it mound just slightly on the top of the mushroom. Sprinkle the remaining panko over the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until mushrooms are soft. If you have a broiler, feel free to turn it on for a minute or two to crisp up the top, but watch it carefully.
Serve with additional hot sauce.