Cranberry Stuffed Mushrooms
These cranberry stuffed mushrooms hold the perfect balance of tang, sweetness and richness. I think they make a wonderful and sophisticated appetizer for your holiday spread this December.
Recipe courtesy of Louisa from Living Lou.
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 35 mins.
12 button mushrooms, stems removed
1/4 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
1 tbsp butter
olive oil for pan
1 medium sausage link
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tbsp white wine
1/4 cup goats cheese
1/4 tsp dried sage
3/4 tsp maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dice 6 of the mushroom stems, discarding the remaining 6.
- In a pan, melt butter over med-low heat. Add cranberries and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the mushroom stems and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool in bowl.
- In the same pan, turn up the heat to med-high and add a little olive oil to coat the pan. Next, add the garlic and sausage meat. Cook and crumble until sausage is fully cooked.
- Leaving the sausage meat in the pan, add the white wine, scraping up all the brown bits on the bottom.
- Turn off heat and add the cranberry and mushroom mixture back into the pan. Add in the goats cheese, sage and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow goats cheese to melt then stir together to combine all of the ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushrooms and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan. Return to oven and bake for another 5-7 minutes.