Creamy Mushrooms and Greens on Toast
Recipe and photo courtesy of Suganya from Relish The Bite.
Prep Time: 2 mins. | Cook Time: 10 mins.
Tip: To make this recipe vegan, use vegan creams made from soy milk, use the cashew cheese instead of normal cheese and avoid the butter!
Bread (any kind) – 2 slices
Mushroom – 1.5 cup
Shallots – 2, chopped finely
Garlic – 2, minced
Butter/ oil – 2 tbsp
Cream – 2 tbsp, cooking cream
Pepper – 2 tsp, freshly ground
Parsley – 3 tbsp
Cheese slices – any kind you fancy.
Salt – as needed
1. Wash the mushrooms and cut off the stems. Chop the mushrooms bite size.
2. Melt 1 tbsp of butter/oil in a pan in medium high heat; add the shallots and when it translucent now add the mushrooms and generous pinch of salt and cook until liquid has evaporated and mushrooms are nicely browned. It takes around 5-6 minutes. Then add the cream, parsley and pepper to it.
3. Mix well and switch off in 2 minutes when it in a consistency that it is not watery nor dry. It should be creamy. Transfer this to a plate.
4. In the same pan, drizzle oil or butter, toast the bread.
5. Now serve by placing the hot bread with a slice of cheese and top with the creamy mushrooms parsley mixture.