Diablo Layered Dip
Packed with flavour and goodness, this colourful party dip is sure to be a hit. You can also prepare this recipe in one large dish, such as a pie plate.
Recipe and photo are courtesy of Foodland Ontario.
Prep Time: 20 mins. | Cook Time: 15 mins. | Serves: 6
- Spread about 6 tbsp (90 mL) mashed beans in each of 3, 1-1/2 to 2 cup (375 to 500 mL) microwaveable dishes.
- In medium non-stick skillet, heat 1 tsp (5 mL) oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Remove to a bowl and stir in chili powder.
- In same skillet, add 1 tsp (5 mL) oil, cabbage and mushrooms. Cook until tender, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir into carrot mixture until blended. Spoon about 1/2 cup (125 mL) over beans in each dish. Top evenly with tomatoes, then cheese.
- Microwave bowls at medium (50%) until heated through and cheese is melted, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Spoon sour cream over each dish and garnish with coriander. Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips.