Garlic Mushroom Shrimp Bites
There is no better appetizer at a summer party than mushrooms. These Garlic Mushroom Shrimp Bites will get the party going, leaving your guests with just enough satisfaction to avoid them asking, “Is dinner ready yet?”
Recipe courtesy of Alison from Balanced with Allie.
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 8 mins.
1 package of white button mushrooms (200g)
10-15 cooked shrimp (I used frozen)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1/8th tsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp Canola oil
1 tsp butter (melted)
Pinch of garlic powder (optional)
1. Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth and pat dry.
2. Add butter, garlic, oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Mix well.
3. Place mixture on a frying pan on medium heat. Add whole mushrooms to pan and sauté (with a cover) for about 5 minutes or until cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Add shrimp to the same pan and leave on until cooked or warmed up (about 2-3 minutes).
5. Make a mushroom shrimp sandwich! Cut a mushroom in half and put the shrimp in the middle. Use a toothpick to keep them together.
Optional: Serve with melted butter and dried oregano or a reduced balsamic vinegar sauce.