Muffin Tin Meatloaves
A serving of vegetables has made their way into these mini chicken meatloaves, but you wouldn’t know it. The mushrooms and carrot help keep the meatloaf moist while adding flavour and nutrients. Make a big batch in advance and freeze for up to 1 month.
Recipe developed in partnership with Chicken Farmers of Canada.
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 30 mins. | Makes: 12 mini meatloaves.
8 oz (227 g) fresh crimini mushrooms
1 lb (500 g) ground chicken
1/4 small onion, finely diced
1/4 cup (60 mL) grated carrot
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp (2 mL) Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup (175 mL) breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp (2 mL) Italian herbs
3 tbsp (45 mL) mustard
3 tbsp (45 mL) brown sugar
1/3 cup (75 mL) ketchup
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
2. Place mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine mushrooms, chicken, onion, carrot, garlic, Worcestershire, breadcrumbs, egg and Italian herbs; mix until evenly combined.
4. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray. Fill each tin cup to the top with meat mixture.
5. In a small bowl mix together mustard, sugar and ketchup. Spread sauce evenly over top of each meatloaf. Tent tray lightly with foil. Bake for 20 minutes and then remove foil cover. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 165°F/74°C. Serve with a side of mash potatoes and steamed green beans.