Mushroom and Lemon Chicken with Rice
A one pot meal that will be sure to impress! This meal is a hearty comfort food with hints of bright spring flavours. Something for the whole family to enjoy.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 6 bone-in, chicken thighs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb (8 oz) mushrooms sliced, white button and/or shiitake
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white wine
- 2 cups (500 mL) chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) rice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Season chicken with salt (1/4 tsp), pepper (1/4 tsp) and garlic powder. Heat oil in a large oven safe skillet over medium heat. Place chicken thighs, skin side down, in the heated skillet and cook for 7 minutes or until skin is crispy and golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms to the same large skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Add white wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up all the brown bits. Cook for 30 seconds. Mix in chicken broth, lemon juice, rice, salt (1 tsp), and pepper (1/2 tsp). Place chicken thighs on top of the rice, skin facing up. Cover and bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!