Mushroom Coconut Curry with Leeks and Paneer
One of the great things about mushrooms is while they are a versatile vegetable they also have a weight, a meatiness to them that works well in meat-free dishes. With some rice, Indian bread like naan or paratha and a leafy salad you can enjoy this quick dish any night of the week.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Heather from The Tasty Gardener.
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 15 mins. | Serves: 4
4 cups portabella mushrooms, sliced
1 large leek, rinsed and chopped
2 tbsp garlic, chopped
2 tsp ginger, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups paneer cheese, cubed
2 cans (13.5 fl.oz each) coconut milk
1/2 cup water
2 1/2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot over med-high heat add the oil.
2. Add in the mushrooms and leeks and saute, stirring frequently until begin to become translucent and mushroom get soft and brown about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the garlic, ginger and cubes of paneer and cook until fragrant about 2 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk, water, curry, turmeric, coriander, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and stir well.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes, then serve.