Mushroom Deviled Eggs
Recipe and photo courtesy of Irina from Hot Stuff.
Prep Time: 15 mins. | Cook Time: 15 mins.
12 eggs, hard-boiled
20 white mushrooms, 5-7mm diced
1 large white onion, 5mm diced
4 T butter
salt and pepper, freshly ground
chives or green onion for garnish, finely chopped
- Fry the onions in butter, until golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms and fry on high, stirring frequently, until browned, and juices evaporated.
- Peel the eggs and cut lengthwise. Scoop out the egg yolks into a bowl.
- Add mayo, salt and pepper to the yolks and mash with a fork to a smooth paste.
- Add mushroom mix to the yolks, mix, and stuff the egg whites, hipping.
- Chill and decorate with the chives just before serving.