Risotto is one of my favourite dishes to make for dinner. It is a little on the fancy side, but so simple to make. All you really need is a pot of stock, wooden spoon for stirring the rice & a glass of your favourite white wine to sip on. One glass for the dish & one glass for the chef!
Recipe and photo by Marcella of Hey Modest Marce
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 45 mins.
6 cups beef stock
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 garlic clove finely chopped
2 cups cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
1½ cup Arborio rice
3/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
sea salt & pepper, to taste
1. Heat beef stock in a large pot over low heat.
2. In a separate skillet over medium-low heat add the butter, oil, onion, garlic & mushrooms. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Cook until the onions are softened & the mushrooms are cooked.
4. Add the rice & cook until the rice begins to turn translucent. Pour in the wine.
5. Turn skillet down to low heat & add a ladle full of stock. Once the stock is absorbed add another ladle full stirring in between each addition. Continue adding the stock until the rice is fully cooked throughout (about 6 cups of stock).
6. Finish off by stirring in the parmesan cheese & a touch of cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.