Risotto is one of my favourite dishes to make for dinner. It is a little on the fancy side, but so simple to make. All you really need is a pot of stock, wooden spoon for stirring the rice & a glass of your favourite white wine to sip on. One glass for the dish & one glass for the chef!
Recipe and photo by Marcella of Hey Modest Marce
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 45 mins.
6 cups beef stock
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 garlic clove finely chopped
2 cups cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
1½ cup Arborio rice
3/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
sea salt & pepper, to taste
1. Heat beef stock in a large pot over low heat.
2. In a separate skillet over medium-low heat add the butter, oil, onion, garlic & mushrooms. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Cook until the onions are softened & the mushrooms are cooked.
4. Add the rice & cook until the rice begins to turn translucent. Pour in the wine.
5. Turn skillet down to low heat & add a ladle full of chicken stock. Once the stock is absorbed add another ladle full stirring in between each addition. Continue adding the stock until the rice is fully cooked throughout (about 6 cups of stock).
6. Finish off by stirring in the parmesan cheese & a touch of cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.