Mushroom Stuffed Turkey Cutlets
Recipe courtesy of Connie from Ruby Reduction.
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 20 mins.
2 turkey cutlets – pounded flat and thin, seasoned with salt and pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots – finely chopped
3 garlic cloves – minced
1 ½ sprigs of fresh rosemary – roughly chopped
3 ½ cups of mixed mushrooms (crimini, shiitake, king oyster)– roughly chopped
Juice of 2 lemons
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté shallots, garlic and rosemary for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in chopped mixed mushrooms and the juice of two lemons.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook until the lemon juice has evaporated and the mushrooms become soft, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove mushroom mixture from heat and let cool, about 5 minutes.
- Scoop half of the mushroom mixture over one end of the pounded turkey cutlet.
- Wrap the cutlet around the mushroom mixture.
- Set up your BBQ grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Oil your BBQ grate when you are ready to start cooking.
- Place stuffed turkey cutlet on hot oiled grill (seam side down).
- Cook for 4-5 minutes (depending on the thickness of your cutlet) and then flip. Continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Once stuffed turkey cutlets are done, remove from heat and tent with foil for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!