Mushroom Truffle Four Cheese Lasagna
Recipe courtesy of SugarLoveSpices.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Serves: 4-6 people
A small basket of mixed mushrooms (2 portobellini, 1 bundle enoki, 2 oysters, 6 shiitake)
10 oven-ready lasagna sheets
140 g fresh mozzarella
60 g Italian mild Asiago cheese
30 g Parmigiano Reggiano
40 g Taleggio
2 Tbsp. e.v.o. oil
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup white wine
2 drops white truffle oil
2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1 Tbsp fresh thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of peperoncini (red chilli flakes)
125 ml of Mushroom Panna (or heavy cream)
125 ml Half and Half cream
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash, dry and chop mushrooms into slivers.
- In a medium cast iron pan drizzle in e.v.o. oil and toss in garlic and peperoncini, bring to a med to high heat.
- Throw in mushrooms and begin to sauté for 2-3 minutes, sprinkle in 1/2 the parsley and all of the thyme, and stir.
- Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper, and when mushrooms begin to soften add in the white wine and let it cook till the wine evaporates about 5 minutes. Finish with a few drops of white truffle oil. Take mushroom out of the pan leaving a few for flavoring and in the same cast iron pan pour in the Mushroom Panna and Half and Half cream. When the mixture is warm add in the Taleggio and Asiago cheese. Stir until cheese is all nice and melted inside and sauce is thickened a bit, about 5 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking put a pot of salted water to boil.
- Place lasagna sheets in boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes, take out and place in a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking time. If you want to omit this step, just add more liquid to the sauce and use the uncooked lasagna sheets.
- In an 8-inch by 11-inch baking dish, spoon some of the cream sauce onto the bottom. Layer the lasagna sheets letting some of the sheets to come up the sides. Spoon some more of the cream sauce and sprinkle over the top with the Parmigiano and mozzarella, and finish with a sprinkling of the sautéed mushrooms.
- Take some more lasagna sheets and lay perpendicular to the last layer again allowing the sheets to come up the sides a bit. Spoon sauce on top and sprinkle with Parmigiano and mozzarella and finish again with sautéed mushrooms.
- Continue this until you have completed 4 layers and the top will be finished with sauce, cheese, and mushrooms.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes, then turn oven to low broil and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Cut and serve. Enjoy!