Pepperoni Mushroom Pizza Wonton Cups
It’s a simple recipe that even the kids can help you make, and they make a great appetizer for a party or game day, or you can enjoy them for lunch with a side salad or veggies.It’s a simple recipe that even the kids can help you make, and they make a great appetizer for a party or game day, or you can enjoy them for lunch with a side salad or veggies.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Chrissie from The Busy Baker.
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 12 mins.
24 wonton wrappers
Canola oil cooking spray
1 cup dry mini pepperoni slices
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
8-10 white button mushrooms, chopped, plus 2-3 more for slicing
1 small jar of your favourite pizza sauce
chopped cilantro or fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with some canola oil cooking spray and line each muffin cup with 2 wonton wrappers, offsetting them to create a “flower petal” effect.
3. Layer some of the shredded cheese, the pepperoni slices, and the chopped mushrooms into each of the cups and spoon a tablespoon or so of the pizza sauce overtop.
4. Add another small sprinkling of cheese and a few more pepperoni slices on top of the sauce, and add one mushroom slice on the very top.
5. Bake the wonton cups for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese bubbles and the mushrooms brown, and serve immediately.