Portobello Mushroom Pomodoro
Recipe and photo courtesy of Keith and Jackie from Superman Cooks.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 15 mins.
1 Portobello mushroom cap
1 medium onion
6 cherry tomatoes
2 ounces goat cheese (to taste)
1 TBSP pine nuts, toasted
1 small zucchini
1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
2 TBSP olive oil
1. Drizzle mushroom with olive oil, 1 tbsp, and place in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
2. In a sauté pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil and slice onion thinly and place in sauté pan over medium heat. Cook and stir often until onions are a deep brown color. (about 15 minutes)
3. Remove mushroom from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes (this helps the juice to solidify in the mushroom).
4. To prepare the plate, slice zucchini into very thin circles and arrange on plate in a “shingled” fashion as shown.
5. Place mushroom on top of zucchini and top with caramelized onions.
6. Quarter cherry tomatoes and place on top along with crumbled goat cheese.
7. Top with chopped chives and pine nuts.
8. Right before serving, drizzle with balsamic vinegar.