Potato Salad with Broccoli and BBQ Mushrooms
I love potato salad but not if it’s goopy. I’ve played around with a few versions and love this one which uses BBQ mushrooms.
Instead of smothering potatoes in a creamy dressing, this recipe uses a simple vinaigrette. Feel free to take a shortcut and sub in 1/3 cup (75 ml) fresh poppyseed dressing instead of the vinaigrette.
Prep Time: 25 mins. | Cook Time: 15 mins. | Serves: 6-8
1 ½ lbs mini potatoes
3 cups (750 ml) quartered cremini mushrooms
2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
1 Tbsp (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
¼ tsp (1 ml) each of salt and dried oregano
3 cups (750 ml) broccoli florets
¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
? cup (75 ml) chopped green onions
1 Tbsp (15 ml) cider vinegar
1 tsp (5 ml) Dijon mustard
1 tsp (5 ml) honey
¼ tsp (1 ml) salt
1. Bring large pot of water to boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender (20-25 minutes). Cut potatoes in half.
2. While potatoes are cooking, marinate mushrooms for 5 minutes in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and oregano. Grill mushrooms until tender.
3. Steam broccoli until tender crisp.
4. In a small bowl, mix vinaigrette ingredients. Set aside.
5. In a large serving dish, toss potatoes, mushrooms and broccoli with vinaigrette.