Recipe and photo courtesy of Marisa from Tasty Delights.
Prep Time: 1 hr. | Cook Time: 10 mins.
1 lb of stir fry strip sirloin steak(cut into strips)
1/4 cup Marsala wine or any sweet wine
1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tsp red pepper chili flakes
sea salt & black pepper to taste
4 spears asparagus, washed, ends snapped off & cut into 1/3’s
12 small cremini or button mushrooms, washed
1 tsp thyme
12″ x 12″ tomato focaccia pizza(or your fave flavor)
2-4 tbsp. EVOO
bamboo skewers for presentation
1 tub kale or spinach dip
1. In a food safe bowl combine the first 5 ingredients. Toss to coat well with your hands. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hrs. or overnight if you have the time.
2. Bring to room temp. 1 hr. before cooking.
1. In a large preheated skillet sauté whole mushrooms, thyme and asparagus in 1 tbsp. EVOO.
Season with salt & pepper, on med. high heat for 1-2 minutes, just until slightly caramelized.
Set aside in a bowl. They will continue to cook as they cool.
2. In the same skillet, without wiping clean, add 2 tbsp. EVOO and with tongs lift the meat from the marinade and place each steak slice flat into the pan. Sear on high, just until browned on both sides. Do not over crowd the pan. Work in batches.
4. Allow the slices to rest off the heat. Cut in half or thirds, depending on length.
* Do not over cook steak, it will toughen.
1. Cut focaccia into 3″ squares. Place on platter decoratively.
2. Spread approx. 1 tbsp dip on each square. Set aside.
3. Skewer an asparagus piece then one end of the steak, leaving the long end hanging. Pierce a mushroom then wrap the steak around piercing the other side of the strip.
4. If there is extra cut the hanging steak and continue until all pieces are skewered.
Leave some space on the bottom of the skewer and pierce through the focaccia.