Warm Mushroom Salad
A warm mushroom salad with creamy goat cheese and balsamic vinaigrette.
Recipe courtesy of Kevin from Closet Cooking.
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 25 mins. | Serves: 4
2 tablespoons butter
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
1 splash white wine or broth
6 cup salad greens
¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette
¼ cup sundried tomatoes, sliced
¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
½ cup goal cheese, crumbled
1. Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
2. Add the mushrooms and sauté until they release their moisture and it cooks off, about 15 minutes.
3. Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and thyme and sauté until fragrant, about a minute.
5. Add the wine, deglaze the pan and cook the excess moisture off.
6. Assemble the salad and enjoy!